Monday, March 23, 2009

A FEW EARLY PHOTOS




Having a cluttered life has allowed my to have in my possession all these amazing photos. My thought is that all first children are set up to have cluttered lives because we are given too much stuff. Some of the stuff might be valuable later.


My grandfather Edwards was one of twelve children of John E. and Ester Edwards. In this photo he is seated on  the far right in the second row. My aunt Mertie (my mother's older half-sister) is in the lap of my greatgrandmother Ester in the center of the second row.








My greatgrandmother and greatgrandfather Edwards on their 50th wedding anniversary.













My grandfather W. H. Edwards (my mother's hero)


















Original Edwards farmhouse 
where my mother was born (later lived in by three orphan children that my grandfather took in in their late teens who worked the farm, Morey, Albert and Violet Hallren. Violet later became postmistress of Hamilton)













W.H.Edwards and Bertha (my grandmother) in front of the house 
Hamilton to which I came home from
the hospital. (and the focus of most of 
my childhood summer and vacation memories occurred - I once dreamed while sleeping in the east room upstairs that the house diagonally across the street burned; when I told my grandmother, she said that in fact it had years before - spooky)




Helen Shannon and her mother Bertha portrait




















My greatgreatgrandmother Shannon




















My grandmother and grandfather Shannon




















Gail, Norman and Lois Shannon






1 comment:

  1. STILL DEVELOPING THE CRISCO STYLE. CAN'T QUITE GET THE NAMES BY THE PHOTOS AND FORGOT TO CHANGE COLOR ON ONE PHOTO EXPLAINATION - DOLA!

    ReplyDelete