Sunday, April 12, 2009

OTRA VEZ!!



This part got squished too!

Easter birthdays have also been a part of my life with my birthday falling on Easter in 1954, 1965 and two days before Vanessa was born in 1976, my greatest Easter present ever. My brother, Mark, also had three Easter birthdays in 1967, 1978 and 1989 (just noticed, 11 year gap between the dates for both of us - pretty spooky!)

The only other Easter story that I can remember was in Norman in the early 50s. Mark and I got a baby duck for Easter. It was a particularly cold spring and once morning shortly thereafter, we found the duck frozen in the garage. It was an early lesson that nothing is forever.

Easter 2009 is unique in that it is my first all male Easter in 65 years. Vera and Sammy are out of town today visiting Vanessa in West Virginia and Sammy's family in Houston, respectively. So the guys walked (Spencer road his bike) to Surfin Donuts and back, were going to the pool nor, we will have a little friendship at the Johnson's this afternoon and the it will be on to another day, another year and another Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment